Thursday, July 14, 2011

Can you stop in a lane of traffic on the highway?

I was driving in three lane traffic on the highway,I was the third car.The first car had stopped in the lane of taffic to use his cell phone,causing car two to hit him and the guard rail and me to hit car two. I live in Massachusetts and when I spoke to car one's insuance company she told me that in the state of Massachusetts if you hit a parked car, no matter where it is parked it would be my fault.That does not seem right or that it should apply to freeway driving.I have been looking on the internet but I can't find anything that pertains to stopping on a highway. I am really hoping that someone will know of something that will help me out. I dont have collision (stupid I know) or towing so my galant is sitting at the towing comp. collecting storage fees.Also the cop did not file his report yet so I cant even get a copy of that to see if it helps,hes gone till friday :( So thank you in advance for ANY help :)

No comments:

Post a Comment